The term care-experienced refers to anyone who has been or is currently in care or from a looked-after background at any stage in their life, no matter how short, including adopted children who were previously looked-after.
Care may have been provided to you in a one of many different settings such as:
- foster care;
- kinship care (e.g. living with a grandparent, aunt, uncle, other family member);
- residential care (e.g. a care home for young people);
- looked after at home with a compulsory supervision order; or
- adopted but were previously looked after;
- another care setting
West College Scotland is proud to be a Corporate Parent. Be proud of your care-experienced identity and make full use of the enhanced support to available to you before, during and after your studies with us.
We have a Named Contact at each of our campuses who can support and guide you with:
- course information;
- funding, fees and the Care Experienced Bursary;
- the transition to college;
- support before and during your studies;
- giving you a strong voice and helping us to develop as a Corporate Parent;
- preparing for your next destination (e.g. further study, employment or other opportunities)
Click the button below to find our more, including our Corporate Parenting Plan and the National Ambition for Care Experienced Students.