HND Graphic Design
SCQF Level: 8
What will I learn?
You'll learn about:
- Researching, Developing and Producing Graphic Design and Artwork Projects
- Using Design Software (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Studio Skills (Drawing, Painting, Mixed Media and Printmaking)
- Producing a Professional Portfolio
- Creating a Portfolio
- Liaising with Clients
- Audio and Filming Techniques
You'll also work on a broad range of live graphic design projects based on real client briefs.
What qualifications do I need?You'll need a pass in HNC Graphic Design. For a place on the course you'll need to present your portfolio at an interview. It should show a high level of technical and creative skill in every aspect of your work.
What can I do after?This course focuses on the development of design skills, practical programme knowledge and technical ability to work in a Design environment. Progression can be to employment within Visual Communication, Advertising Agencies, Publishers, Multimedia Companies and Design Studios.
Our students go on to achieve great things
Don't take our word for it, read what they say
Stuart Grant now working in freelance graphics
Jade Campbell - Graphic Artist