Construction & Building Services
What will I learn?
You'll learn about:
- Domestic Building Services
- Groundworks and Substructure Technology
- Superstructure and Finishes Technology
- Introduction to CAD
- Construction Calculations
- Introduction to Construction Materials
- Introduction to Construction Site Surveying
- Health and Safety
- Sustainable Design for Architecture
- Construction Measurement and Costing
- Introduction to Modern Methods of Construction
Work placements are available to successful candidates with a recognised National Construction/House Building Company (Clydebank Campus Only)
What qualifications do I need?You'll need three Standard Grades in English, Science, Maths or a technical subject, or a National Certificate in a related subject. If you've got other equivalent qualifications or work experience, your application will also be considered.
What can I do after?
After successfully completing this course, you can develop your skills further by studying another course, such as:
- HNC Construction Management
- A Modern Apprenticeship
or it may lead to employment as a Trainee Planner/Trainee Surveyor.
Duration: 1 year