Computing & Games
What will I learn?
You'll learn about:
- Developing Software
- Developing Small Scale Standalone Apps
- Mobile Technology
- Web Development Fundamentals
- Computer Systems Fundamentals
- Team Working in Computing
- Troubleshooting Computing Problems
- Database Design and SQL
- Digital Culture: Online Communications
- Systems Development: User Centred Design
- Professionalism and Ethics in Computing
What qualifications do I need?
You'll need one Higher at Grade C or above, or an NC in a computing subject, for example NC Computing with Digital Media, NC Games Development or NC Computing with Cyber Security. You can also apply with successful achievement of a Software Development Foundation Apprenticeship.
If you don't have any formal qualifications but can demonstrate relevant computer programming knowledge and skills, you can also apply. Mature students can apply without formal qualifications.
For a place on the course, you'll need to attend an interview.
What can I do after?
After successfully completing this course you'll have the skills needed to get an entry level role in software development and computer programming.
Or you could develop your skills further by studying another course, such as:
- HND Software Development
- An IT qualification with the Open University
Duration: 1 year