Staff Wellbeing and Benefits
The Staff Wellbeing Service offers all staff at West College Scotland an informal, confidential space to discuss any aspect of personal and professional wellbeing, on a one-to-one basis. Sometimes, having a listening ear can be enough to lighten the load, however, if there are more complex issues, then the Staff Wellbeing Advisor can signpost and support staff to access appropriate external services. As a member of staff you can also access our confidential Employee Assistance provider free of charge 24/7. We also offer staff free Flu vaccinations and general health check ups along with our rolling programme of Health Surveillance.
We also wish to promote positive wellbeing throughout the College, bringing colleagues together to take part in events such as The Kiltwalk, Race for Life and Tough Mudder – these events offer the opportunity to boost physical and mental wellbeing in a fun and sociable way, as well as raising money for charities close to our hearts.
The Staff Wellbeing Advisor also arranges awareness raising events around your physical wellbeing such as Prostate Cancer Awareness, Endometriosis Awareness and MOT 4 Men to name a few – and is more than happy to take staff suggestions in order to ensure that all wellbeing needs are being supported at West College Scotland.
Our Staff Association also run numerous events throughout the year. Some examples of recent activities include shopping days in Edinburgh, the annual trip to Millport and the Christmas cheese and wine.
The College offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 45 days per annum pro rata (support and management staff); 62 days per annum pro rata (lecturing staff)
- Membership of Strathclyde Pension Fund (support and management staff) or Scottish Public Pensions Agency (lecturing staff)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay (subject to eligibility)
- Opportunities for hybrid / home working, where appropriate
- Flexible working opportunities
- Access to a dedicated wellbeing team and a 24/7 confidential employee assistance programme
- Support to enhance your skills through a variety of methods including online learning, coaching and self-directed study