What will I learn?
This qualification is designed to engage and motivate candidates who are interested in learning about the automotive Accident and Repair Industry. It is aimed at learners who prefer and respond to 'hands-on' learning. Therefore, it has a practical approach to assessment and includes many visual questioning techniques which will stimulate and interest learners.
This Diploma is ideal for those learners who wish to undertake a qualification which will support their progress to a higher-level qualification. It can also supplement their progress to Nationals and other appropriate destinations such as Employment, a Modern Apprenticeship (College Day Release) or to the next level of study.
During the course candidates will undertake the following units:
- Health and Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Support for Job Roles in the Automotive Environment
- Tools and Equipment used in Vehicle Refinishing
- Applying Masking Materials to Automotive Vehicles
- Preparing Metal and Pre-Painted Substrates to accept Foundation Coats
- Applying Fillers and Foundation Coats in the Automotive Environment
- Repair Minor Paint Defects on Automotive Vehicles.
- Remove and Fit Non Permanently Fixed Motor Vehicle Body Panels
- Work with Plastic Components in an Automotive Environment
What qualifications do I need?You'll need three National 5 qualifications (or equivalent) in appropriate subjects. If you've not got formal qualifications but have experience, we'll consider you for an interview. You may be asked to perform tasks to a safety critical industrial standard and complete a mechanical reasoning assessment.
Access to a laptop/digital device and an internet connection will be advantageous.
What can I do after?
After successfully completing this course you'll have the skills needed to get an entry level role in the motor vehicle industry.
Or you could develop your skills further by studying another course, such as:
- IMI Diploma in Vehicle Body Repair Level 2
Duration: 1 year
Our students go on to achieve great things
Don't take our word for it, read what they say.