What will I learn?
This qualification is designed to engage and motivate Candidates who are interested in learning about the automotive Accident and Repair industry. It is aimed at learners who prefer and respond to 'hands-on' learning. Therefore, it has a practical approach to assessment and includes many visual questioning techniques which will stimulate and interest learners.
This Diploma is ideal for those learners who wish to undertake a qualification which will support their progress to a higher-level qualification. It can also supplement their progress to Nationals and other appropriate destinations such as Employment, a Modern Apprenticeship (College Day Release) or to the next level of study.
During the course candidates will undertake the following units:
- Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Support for Job Roles in the Automotive Environment
- Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment
- Removing and Fitting Non-Permanently Fixed Vehicle Body Panels
- Removing, Replacing and/or Refitting Vehicle Body Panels
- Identifying and Rectifying Minor Repairs to Vehicle Body Panels
- Motor Vehicle Body MIG/MAG Welding Operations
- Carrying out Motor Vehicle Body Resistance Spot Welding Operations
- Motor Vehicle Construction and Materials.
What qualifications do I need?
You'll need three National 5 qualifications (or equivalent) in appropriate subjects. If you've not got formal qualifications but have experience, we'll consider you for an interview. You may be asked to perform tasks to a safety critical industrial standard and complete a mechanical reasoning assessment.
Access to a laptop/digital device and an internet connection will be advantageous.
What can I do after?
After successfully completing this course you'll have the skills needed to get an entry level role in the motor vehicle industry.
Or you could develop your skills further by studying another course, such as:
- IMI certificate in Vehicle Refinishing Level 2
Duration: 1 year/3 days per week