ESOL & Languages
What will I learn?
This level 6 course is designed to prepare ESOL learners for Higher National course in Business, Business Administration and Digital Skills. Units of study will include:
- Academic study skills
- Workplace Communication in English
- Preparation for IELTS
- Recording Financial Transactions
- IT Solutions for Administrators
- Preparing Financial Accounting Information
- Management of People and Finance
- Management of Marketing and Operations
- Understanding Business
- Higher ESOL
What qualifications do I need?
You will need a good pass in National 5 ESOL or equivalent.
The personal statement on the application form is an important part of the application process and should be filled in for this course.
On application, you’ll be invited for an interview and, if necessary, a language assessment, so that we can advise you on the best course to suit your needs.
What can I do after?
Successful completion of the course will give you options to progress to:
- HNC Business Administration with HR and Digital Skills
- HNC Business Administration with International Marketing
Depending on your previous qualifications, you may also want to continue on to University. Higher ESOL satisfies the English language entry requirement for most undergraduate programmes.
Course duration: 1 year/ 2–3 days per week
Time: 9am – 4pm