What will I learn?
You'll learn about:
- Engineering Workshop Skills
- Material Removal Practice: Lathe
- Material Removal Practice: Milling
- Engineering Project Manufacture
- Computer Aided Draughting (CAD) for Engineers
- Engineering Material Removal
- Engineering Materials
- Graphical Engineering Communication
- Engineering: Using IT
- Maths Craft 1,2
- Health and Safety
- Engineering Assembly Skills
- Engineering Manufacturing Processes
What qualifications do I need?
It is preferred that candidates have three National 4/5 qualifications including maths or have successfully completed an SVQ PEO Level 1 in engineering.
We will also consider your application if you have relevant industry experience.
We will also consider your application if you are a mature candidate returning to education
Note; Those with similar qualifications in other curriculum areas may be considered on an individual basis.
For a place on the course, you will need to attend an interview.
What can I do after?
After successfully completing this course you'll have the skills required to apply for Modern Apprenticeships which exist within the following engineering sectors: aerospace; manufacturing; marine; renewable energies, engineering maintenance, engineering design and process engineering.
Or you could develop your skills further by studying another course which includes:
HNC Manufacturing Engineering
NC Mechanical Engineering at SCQF Level 6
Duration: 1 year/3 days per week