What will I learn?
Note; this programme has been set up by Strathclyde University for entrance into 2nd year degree programmes.
You'll learn about.
- Principles of Engineering Systems Eng
- Measurement and System Monitoring
- Engineer Communication
- Communications Practical
- Engineering Systems: Graded Unit
- Engineering Maths 1 (Exempt)
- Engineering Maths 2
- Engineering Maths 3
- Engineering Maths 4
- Materials Selection n
- Statics and Strength of Materials
- DC and AC Principles
- CAD for Engineers
- Design for Manufacture
What qualifications do I need?
You'll need four Highers (or equivalent A-Levels) at grade B. Two of the Highers must be Maths and Physics. Note: If you have successfully passed an Engineering Foundation Apprenticeship this will be considered one out of the 4 highers out with the mandatory Highers of Maths and Physics.
If you have successful passed Access to Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths (STEM)All applications for the Engineering Academy should be made via UCAS. For further information, course booklet, on the Academy please contact Thomas Haughey Thomas Haughey
What can I do after?
Strathclyde University BEng/MEng Degree 2nd Year Progression*:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Product Design Engineering
- Production Engineering & Management
- Sports Engineering
- Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering
- Naval Architecture with Ocean Engineering
- Naval Architecture with High Performance Marine Vehicles
*Progression is dependent upon successful completion of 16 unit HNC , a Grade ‘A’ pass for the Graded Unit and satisfactory attendance which should be no less than 95%.
Duration: 1 year/3 days per week