British Sign Language Basics (BSL)
In this course you will learn the basics of using British Sign Language to communicate with deaf friends/colleagues/customers in a wide range of situations.
You will study with a deaf lecturer who will help you learn how to:
- Fingerspell names of people and places
- Introduce yourself and understand another person’s introduction
- Talk about family, weather, transport and facilities in simple terms
- Give and understand simple directions
- Give and understand information about time and prices
- Use BSL clearly and understandably for the person you are communicating with
What qualifications do I need?
You do not need to have any prior qualifications for this course. An interest in British Sign Language and enthusiasm for learning are the only requirements.
What can I do after?
Learners who would like to take their study of BSL to the next stage can enrol in an SQA Level 3 accredited course.
SCQF : 2
Start Date: next date to be confirmed
Duration: 8 weeks/Every Tuesday
Time: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
This course is ITA Approved. To find out if the fund is currently open click HERE