Business, Administration & Accounting
What will I learn?
You'll learn about:
- Financial Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Excel Spreadsheets
- Commercial Financial Accounting Software
- Payroll – Manual Calculations and Commercial Software
- Business Planning
- Business Law
- Cyber Security
- Office 365 and Teams
An industry-based work placement will take place in the HND Accounting year.
What qualifications do I need?
- One Higher pass at band A-C in a relevant subject (e.g. English, Business Management, Economics, Modern Studies, maths or a science subject)
- Appropriate study at SCQF Level 5 e.g. NQ Accounting or NQ Business.
- Relevant Foundation Apprenticeship
- ESOL students would be welcome to apply with a minimum ESOL Higher
- We also applications from students without formal qualifications who have relevant work experience
What can I do after?
After successfully completing this course, you’ll have the skills needed to get an entry level role as an accounts assistant, trainee accountant, accounts technician or a payroll assistant.
Or you could develop your skills further by studying on: HND Accounting
There is also the possibility of accessing Year 2 of a range of university courses.
Paisley and Clydebank Full Time Day Class Information
Duration: 1 year/ 2-3 days per week
Need help with your application?
Looking to apply to West College Scotland and need a bit of help? No problem. We’ve got the answers to your questions.Application FAQs
Other courses at West College Scotland
Looking for a flexible way to study that suits your lifestyle and commitments? Our Online learning options are for you!
More details about Online LearningMore details about Online Learning
In Your Community
Did you know we support learning in our local communities working in partnership with independent centres and local authorities?
More details about In Your CommunityMore details about In Your Community
Courses for Business
Are you an individual or business looking to upskill or retrain? We offer a wide range of professional development solutions designed to help you thrive in industry.
More details about Courses for BusinessMore details about Courses for Business