Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
What will I learn?
This course aims to provide you with a strong knowledge and understanding of preparing to work in adult social care, if this is your intended career path or you are just newly in the sector this is the ideal course for you.
The course will develop your skills and improve your awareness of key aspects of a role in the adult social care area
Units within the course are:
- Principles of communication in adult social care settings
- Personal development in adult social care settings
- Diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care
- Safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Understand the role of the social care worker
- Understand person centred approaches in adult social care settings
- Understand health and safety in social care settings
- Understand how to handle information in social care settings
This is a marked course which requires short essay style answers, screenshots and viewing of datafiles to allow your assigned marker to be able to identify that you have understood the skills and knowledge to meet the awarding body standards. The awarding body for this course is TQUK.
This is a fully online course, you will receive via email, access to a learning platform where course materials and assessments are located.
What qualifications do I need?
As this course online it would be beneficial if the candidate had basic competence in IT and the internet.
This course does not require a personal statement.
What can I do after?
This course provides progression onto Further Level 2 courses in health and social care. Possible career paths would be Care Worker, Personal Care, Residential Support Worker, Social Care Worker.
Course Hours – 200
No of Weeks – 20
You could complete in 10 weeks or use the full 20 weeks- it's up to you.
Please be aware that you could be withdrawn from your course if submission dates are vastly overdue. If at any point you are struggling with deadlines you should contact us for an extension which we will assign where possible.
On successful completion and confirmation from the awarding body you will receive your qualification e-certificate online which you can print and/or save for your records. Please note a fee may be required if a hard copy certificate is requested.
To enrol click HERE