What will I learn?
You'll learn about:
- Health and Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Support Job Roles in the Automotive Environment
- Tools and Equipment used in Vehicle Refinishing
- Working with Plastics Materials and Components
- Preparing Metal and Pre-Painted Surfaces
- Establishing Paint Defects
- Applying Topcoats and Complete Refinishing Operations
- Vehicle Colour Mixing and Matching
What qualifications do I need?
You'll need to have completed Level 2 IMI certificate course, or have suitable industrial experience to be considered for an interview. You may be asked to perform tasks to a safety critical industrial standard and complete a mechanical reasoning assessment.
Access to a laptop/digital device and an internet connection will be advantageous.
What can I do after?After successfully completing this course, you’ll have the skills needed to apply for a role in vehicle refinishing.
Duration: 1 year/3 days per week
Our students go on to achieve great things, but don't just take our word for it,