HIV, Hepatitis B and C
What will I learn?
This is an entry level course to introduce candidates to HIV, Hepatitis B and C. This course is designed to enable the candidate develop the knowledge and understanding of how HIV and Hepatitis B and C enter and spread throughout the body, their symptoms and the strategies that can prevent their spread. The course includes the following topics:
- How the viruses enter and spread through the body
- The possible side effects of the viruses
- The symptoms of the viruses
- Strategies to prevent the spread of the viruses
- How carers can assist those with HIV or Hepatitis B and C
- Carers responsibility for themselves and other
What qualifications do I need?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, as it is delivered online it would be beneficial if the candidate had basic competence in IT and the internet.
This course does not require a personal statement.
What can I do after?
This course provides progression to the NCFE Certificate in Common Health Conditions. It is also a good starting point for those individuals who are interested in a career in the health and social care sector.