City and Guilds 4290-12 Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
SCQF Level: 5
What will I learn?
This qualification allows the candidate to Learn, Develop and Practice the Skills Required for Employment and/or Career Progression in the Automotive Engineering Industry.
You'll learn about:
- CI – SI Engine Fuel Systems
- Engine Cooling
- Mobile Plant Vehicle Layout
- Mobile Plant Lubrication
- Vehicle Electrical Systems
- Mechanical Engines
- Braking Systems
- Transmission Systems
- Fitting and Repairing Wheels and Tyres
- Spark ignition systems
- Removing, replacing and adjusting components
- Working with others
- Problem solving
After successfully completing this course you'll have a City and Guilds award.
What qualifications do I need?Entry Requirements are completion of the City and Guilds 4290-11 Level 1 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles qualification. This may be waived dependant on candidate experience and maturity at the discretion of the department.
What can I do after?
This qualification may allow candidates to progress into Employment, a Modern Apprenticeship (College Day Release) or to the following City and Guilds Qualification:
- City and Guilds (4290-13) Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles