NPA Professional Cookery Level 4
SCQF Level: 4
What will I learn?
This course provides a general introduction to the basic skills necessary for employment in a wide variety of jobs in hospitality. It is ideally suited to school leavers who want to work in the hospitality industry and have little or no hospitality experience.
- Food Hygiene for the Hospitality Industry
- Food Preparation Techniques: An Introduction
- Cookery Processes an Introduction
- Hospitality: Organisation of Practical Skills
- Craft Baking: An Introduction
- Cake Decoration: An Introduction
- Bread Making
- Provide a Table and Tray Service
- Counter Service and other units
What qualifications do I need?No formal qualifications required but previous cooking experience from school or work is desirable. Applicants will be interviewed for suitability
What can I do after?NC Professional Cookery at SCQF Level 5 or a Modern Apprenticeship in Catering. Employment in the Hospitality Industry as a Kitchen Porter or Commis Chef.
Start Date: August 2022