Health and Social Care (Level 4)
SCQF Level: 4
What will I learn?
The aim of this course is to enable learners to understand why people use care services, and to develop the knowledge and value base required for working in contemporary care practice in settings such as health care, social care and childcare.
You'll learn about:
- The skills, qualities, values and principles required by care workers and develop an understanding of what it means to work as a professional in the care sector
- Factors which influence human development and behaviour
- Ways in which social influences can impact on people, and the relevance this has for care practice
- Health and safety in a care context including basic first aid procedures.
- Factors that influence personal well-being and to make decisions that contribute to improving personal well-being
You may have the opportunity for a volunteering or work placement as part of this course.
What qualifications do I need?
Ideally you will need a National 4 in any subject, however if you have relevant experience you can also apply.
For a place on the course you will need to submit:
- a personal statement within your application
- a reference
- attend an information session and interview
- bring along proof of your qualifications
You must be eligible to join the Protected Vulnerable Group (PVG) Scheme.
What can I do after?
After successfully completing this course you will have the knowledge and skills needed to apply for a caring role, or you could develop your skills further by studying another course, such as:
- Health and Social Care Level 5
- Early Education and Childcare Level 5