Business, Administration & Accounting
What will I learn?
You'll learn about:
- Administrative Practices
- Microsoft Office & TEAMS
- Digital Technologies
- Personal Development Planning
- Office Administration
- Business Law an Introduction
- Individual Employment Relations Law
- Legal Secretarial Practice
- Work Placement in an appropriate setting, where you will also gain SVQ units “Plan how to manage and improve own performance in a business environment” and “Review and maintain work in a business environment”
What qualifications do I need?
You'll need one Higher at grade C, or an NC Group Award at Intermediate 2 level. However, you can also apply with successful achievement of a Business Skills Foundation Apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications or experience.
For a place on the course, you'll need to submit a personal statement and attend an interview.
What can I do after?
After successfully completing this course you'll have the skills needed to get an entry or supervisory level role in business administration or IT support in a legal office
Or you could develop your skills further by studying another course, such as:
- HND Administration and IT
Or progress to University course of your choice
Duration: 1 year/2–3 days per week