Safety in Microbiology
This course has been designed for science technicians, science teachers or other individuals who require continued professional development in microbiology. It is an SQA accredited SCQF level 6 award which is certificated by SSERC.
Candidates will gain the knowledge and skills required to perform safe, practical microbiological techniques.
Course content will include:
- Preparation and sterilisation of media
- Autoclave use
- Aseptic techniques
- Sub-culturing micro-organisms and record keeping
- Smear preparation and gram stain
- Identification of micro-organisms
- Disinfection and sterilisation
- Treatment of spillages and safe waste disposal
Find out more and Apply
To apply to this course or find out how we can best meet your specific needs, including by delivering tailor-made courses, please contact us.
Need funding? Visit our dedicated page to find out how you can get support.