Safety in Microbiology
Are you a recently qualified science teacher or newly appointed technician looking to expand your skills? Perhaps you’re a recent graduate (HNC/HND/degree) looking to work as a technician. This three-day SSERC accredited course provides you with the relevant qualification to either deliver or to support delivery of microbiology in Scottish schools and colleges. Why not enhance your employability skills and contact us today for more information?
Course content will include:
- Preparation and sterilisation of media
- Autoclave use
- Aseptic techniques
- Sub-culturing micro-organisms and record keeping
- Smear preparation and gram stain
- Identification of micro-organisms
- Disinfection and sterilisation
- Treatment of spillages and safe waste disposal
Find out more and Apply
To apply to this course or find out how we can best meet your specific needs, including by delivering tailor-made courses, please contact us.
Need funding? Visit our dedicated page to find out how you can get support.