Introduction to a Career in Social Care
What will I learn?
This is a brand new six-week, part time, online tutor-supported course which will introduce students to a career in Social Care, where opportunities are many and varied. The course has been designed for those who enjoy working with people, are compassionate, have a sense of fun and are seeking a new rewarding career helping others live their lives to the full.
Participants will be able to work through the learning materials at their own pace, extending their learning through videos and links to further information. A college tutor will be available to provide support and encouragement to ensure participant engagement with all the topics, and to monitor progress.
Delivered via the online learning platform RISE, this level 5 introductory course will cover the following:
- Unit 1 Introduction What is Adult Social Care? The rewards of working in the sector and the opportunities for progression
- Unit 2 Use of Self Introduction to value-based care, the importance of good communication and working as part of a team
- Unit 3 Best Practice Duty of care, SSSC, Care Standards, safeguarding and boundaries, infection control, digital enabled care
- Unit 4 Reflective practice Defining reflective practice and its importance, model for reflection, and learning from effective reflection
- Unit 5 Next Steps Exploring progress and career opportunities, Scottish qualification structure, employers’ views, service users’ views, employment, and further study opportunities
What qualifications do I need?
For a place on this course you should be either 16-25 or if over the age of 25, unemployed, or under threat to employment.
What can I do after?
At the end of the course participants will have a final online meeting with a tutor who will check their understanding of all topics covered, and support them in exploring their next steps, either into employment, or further courses of study in Social Care.
17 January 2022
21 February 2022
To find out more or apply email: email@example.com
Find out more and Apply
To apply to this course or find out how we can best meet your specific needs, including by delivering tailor-made courses, please contact us.
Need funding? Visit our dedicated page to find out how you can get support.