This course allows candidates to learn and develop skills and techniques used in Lead Welding.
It provides a knowledge of health and safety procedures for working with lead. Lead Welding covers forming basic lead work details and joints using welding equipment.
Benefits of Attending
This course would be useful for roofing and general building contractors who want to become more skilled in the prefabrication and installation of typical lead flashing details.
- Improves the quality of roof lead-work and productivity on site
- Increases the roofer's employability by having new skill to offer
- Learn a new roofing trade
Outline of Programme
- Welding lead sheet details
- Positional and non-positional welding techniques
- Correct setting up and shutting down of the oxy-acetylene equipment
- Neatness, uniformity of joints
- Health & Safety
Some previous experience in lead-work would be beneficial, but not essential.
Minimum Numbers to Run
This course requires a minimum of 10 participants to run. If this number isn’t reached then you will be contacted to offer you the next available date
Individual and group pricing are available - just ask!
To contact us email CommercialAdmin@wcs.ac.uk
Find out more and Apply
To apply to this course or find out how we can best meet your specific needs, including by delivering tailor-made courses, please contact us.
Need funding? Visit our dedicated page to find out how you can get support.