This course will provide an introduction to working safely with abrasive wheels so that you can easily identify the hazards, understand the risks and know which control measures are needed to prevent injury and accidents. Abrasive Wheels training is mandatory for all workshop personnel involved in the adjusting, assembling, and changing of abrasive wheels. Also current legislation requires employers to provide training to staff in the actions to be taken in the event of a fire. This abrasive wheels course covers the essentials required to meet the legislation too.
Benefits of Attending
Any person who mounts abrasive wheels must be trained in accordance with regulations and be competent to carry out the duty and be appointed by the factory operator.
The course is particularly relevant for those who use bench grinders, pedestal grinders and angle grinders.
Outline of Programme
- Correct, assemble and balance abrasive wheels
- Inspect and test for damage
- Understand type and speed markings on Abrasive Wheels
- Recognise hazards, know preventative actions to work safely
- Complete approved paperwork
- Store and mount correctly, within Health & Safety guidelines
- Understand all the major components connected with abrasive wheels
- Understand importance and implication of HASAWA 1974
No entry requirements
Practical classroom sessions and tutorials. No exam, College Certificate will be issued on completion.
1 day. 9am to 5pm.
Minimum Numbers to Run
Group booking for a maximum of 6 candidates.
Individual and group pricing are available - just ask!
To contact us email CommercialAdmin@wcs.ac.uk
Find out more and Apply
To apply to this course or find out how we can best meet your specific needs, including by delivering tailor-made courses, please contact us.
Need funding? Visit our dedicated page to find out how you can get support.