The Flexible Workforce Development Fund 2018-19
What's the FWDF?
The Scottish Funding Council has announced that the Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) is again available to employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy in 2018-19.
- The FWDF provides employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy with workforce development training to up-skill and re-skill their existing workforce
- The fund is in addition to apprenticeship support which all employers are eligible to access in Scotland
- The fund is worth £10m across Scotland and can only be accessed by an application process through Scotland’s regional Colleges and Scotland’s Rural College.
- Each levy paying employer can apply for up to a maximum of £15,000 in 2018/19
- The fund is NOT available for training required by law.
- Applications to the fund for 2018/19 will close on 31st July 2019 or when the College’s allocation has been used up (whichever comes sooner). All training must have commenced before 30th September 2019.
- As a levy payer, you can share all or part of your £15,000 fund with up to 2 companies in your supply chain, neither of which can be levy payers in their own right.
- The Fund is allocated on a first come, first served basis. Don’t leave it too late as the Fund could be exhausted sooner rather than later. The clock is ticking.
Call our friendly business liaison team on 0800 052 9612 for our 2018/19 training menu and to arrange an initial discussion on how we can help you apply to the fund and recover some value from the Apprenticeship Levy you’ve paid.
Get in touch
Contact us today, we can help you apply to the fund and recover some value from the Apprenticeship Levy you’ve paid.
Find out about our training opportunities, visit our dedicated page to find out how you can get support.