The Flexible Workforce Development Fund
APPLY TODAY FOR FULLY FUNDED TRAINING SUPPORT TO UPSKILL OR RESKILL YOUR EMPLOYEES
The Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF)
Making sure everyone in your organisation has the right skills has never been more important. West College Scotland is supporting our Region’s economic recovery by providing fully funded flexible training and development opportunities for both small businesses and larger organisations to upskill or reskill their workforce.
- As a payer of the Apprenticeship Levy, your organisation can receive up to £15,000 of fully funded training through FWDF Phase 1. Read more here...
- As an SME, your organisation can receive up to £5000 of fully funded training through FWDF Phase 2. Read more here...
- If your organisation is an SME AND pays the Apprenticeship Levy, you can only apply for Phase 1 (up to £15,000) or Phase 2 (up to £5,000) funding, not both.
Call our friendly business liaison team on 0800 052 9612, or fill out the contact form below to arrange an initial discussion about your eligibility and training needs.
In the meantime, you can browse our training catalogue to see what’s on offer.
- Your organisation will pay the Apprenticeship Levy if it has an annual salary bill of >£3m.
- All levy-paying employers in Scotland across the private, public and third sectors are eligible to apply to the FWDF
- Each levy-paying employer can receive up to £15,000 of training value
- Where training costs exceed £15,000 then the organisation can pay the balance in excess of that sum
- Only one application per levy paying employer in the application period is allowed
- Employers can ‘share’ their FWDF entitlement with up to 2 other companies in its supply chain.
- The FWDF is separate from and does not impact any other existing apprenticeship support
- FWDF cannot be used for any training which legislation dictates the employer must provide, nor can it be used for category A or B driving lessons
- An application to the fund can be made through the College and evidence of the organisation’s status as a Levy Paper in the form of an Employer Payment Summary (EPS), P32 or payroll report should accompany the application.
- SMEs operating in Scotland across the private, public and third sectors are eligible to apply to the FWDF Phase 2
- SMEs (any business with less than 250 employees) could be eligible for up to £5,000 of funded training
- The fund is available on a first come, first served basis
- Where training costs exceed £5,000 then the organisation can pay the balance in excess of that sum
- Only one application per SME in the application period is allowed
SMEs should make an application to the fund and simultaneously provide evidence of legal status through one of the following:
- A business bank account
- VAT registration
- PAYE registration
- Companies House info (latest accounts, etc.)
- Registration for self-assessment tax return (HMRC)
To take advantage of this fully-funded training you must:
- Submit a completed application and have provided the necessary evidence of your organisation’s status by 31 July
- Commence training by 31 August
- Complete all training by 31 March