The Flexible Workforce Development Fund 2017-18
What's the FWDF?
The Scottish Funding Council has announced that from 11th September 2017, employers which are paying the Apprenticeship Levy can apply to the Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF or “The fund”).
- The FWDF provides employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy with workforce development training to up-skill and re-skill their existing workforce
- The fund is in addition to apprenticeship support which all employers are eligible to access in Scotland
- The fund is worth £10m across Scotland and can only be accessed by an application process through Scotland’s regional Colleges and Scotland’s Rural College.
- Each levy paying employer can apply for up to a maximum of £10,000 in 2017/18
- The fund is NOT available for training required by law.
- Applications to the fund for 2017/18 will close on 30th June 2018 or until the College’s allocation has been used up (whichever comes sooner). The clock is ticking.
- The Fund is allocated on a first come, first served basis. Don’t leave it until June as the Fund will be exhausted before then.
Call our friendly business liaison team on 0800 052 9612 to arrange an initial discussion on how we can help you apply to the fund and recover some value from the Apprenticeship Levy you’ve paid.
Our training menu
Get in touch
Contact us today, we can help you apply to the fund and recover some value from the Apprenticeship Levy you’ve paid.
Find out about our training opportunities, visit our dedicated page to find out how you can get support.