Meet the Executive Team
Andrew Hunter – Students’ Association President
The Student President and Vice-Presidents are elected by the students on an annual basis. Vice-Presidents are part-time, elected by a vote of students and normally from the current student cohort.
The Students’ Association is affiliated to the National Union of Students (NUS) and participates in its elections and activities. Membership of the Students’ Association and NUS is free and automatic for full-time and part-time students.
The Students’ Association operates across all our campuses.
Aims & Objectives
The aims and objectives of the Association are:
- To advance the education and social development of its members and students of the college as a whole.
- To represent the interests of its members and act as a channel of communication in dealing with the college and other bodies.
- To promote and protect the welfare of its members.
- To promote, encourage and co-ordinate student clubs, societies, sports and social activities
- To provide a mechanism for liaison with other Student Associations or Unions
These aims and objectives shall be practised without discrimination. This includes discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or medical condition, except that action may be taken to promote equality of opportunity.
The association shall practice the above aims and objectives independent of any political party or religious organisation.