HNC Travel and Tourism
SCQF Level: 7
What will I learn?
You’ll learn about:
- Travel and Tourism an Introduction
- Business Practices in Travel and Tourism
- Selling Skills
- Skills for Customer Care
- Graded Unit 1
- Cabin Crew (Greenock campus only)
- Airport Operations
Other units may include:
- Tourist Destinations
- Tour Guiding an Introduction
- Air Travel
- International Tourist Destinations
- Business Communication
What qualifications do I need?You’ll need one Higher, or a pass at NC level in a related subject, for example Administration or Business. For a place on the course, you’ll need to attend an interview.
What can I do after?
After successfully completing this course you’ll have the skills needed to get an entry level role working in the travel industry for an airline, travel agency, tour operator or in visitor attraction management. There are opportunities in the UK and abroad.
Or you could develop your skills further by studying another course, such as:
- HND Travel and Tourism
- A degree in travel and tourism