Award in Education in Training (formerly PTLLS)
SCQF Level: 6
What will I learn?
The award in Education in Training (formerly Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector) provides an introductory qualification for those involved or keen to be involved in teaching in the lifelong learning sector.
The award is designed to enable candidates to:
- adopt an integrative approach to the theory and practice of teaching
- reflect on their own previous/current levels of experience, practice and skills, and areas for development
- identify principles of learning, teaching, assessment and evaluation
- develop confidence, communication and inter-personal skills
- develop an awareness of their professional role and responsibilities
Subjects include: Roles, Responsibilities & Boundaries of the Teaching Role, Learning & Teaching Approaches, Deliver Inclusive & Motivating Sessions, Session Planning Skills, Assessment Methods & Record Keeping, Evaluation.
What qualifications do I need?There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, but candidates must be considering a subject for delivery and be aiming to achieve / or have achieved a qualification and experience for their subject/skill at appropriate level.
What can I do after?
This award allows learners to progress into employment as teachers/trainers; as well as to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
Start Dat: 4 September 2018
Time 5pm-8pm/Tuesday evenings